Tooth Colored Bonding and Fillings
Tooth-colored Dental Bonding and Fillings in Houston TX
For damaged teeth that can be salvaged without the use of dental crowns or extraction, dental fillings are a great solution. If you have some of the conditions listed below, you might be a good candidate for dental fillings:
- Teeth that need repair, especially from damage caused by tooth decay, aka cavities or caries
- Teeth that have been cracked or chipped from a fall or other past trauma
- Teeth that have been discolored by heavy coffee drinking, smoking, or some other lifestyle habit
- Gaps between two or several teeth
- Teeth that are short, misshapen, or uneven
- Gums that have receded, leaving a part of your dental roots exposed
Dental bonding and dental fillings are sometimes used interchangeably in the American vocabulary, but there is a slight difference between them.
When you sign up for dental bonding, a dentist will bond tooth-colored material to your tooth to create a natural shape and color. Dental fillings, on the other hand, are done more in the spirit of dental health, like for the treatment of tooth decay, chipped teeth, and other dental injuries.
What Are Tooth-colored Fillings?
Tooth-colored fillings are a relatively new development in the field of dental technology. The term refers to a composite resin, a material that resembles putty and is produced in the color of the human tooth. Tooth-colored fillings can last for years before they need to be replaced, but a good portion of that lifespan might depend on how committed you are to taking care of them.
University Oaks Dental has a shade guide to make sure that your filling matches the exact color of your teeth. We will also suggest remedies for some habits, like night grinding and chewing tobacco, that might affect the lifespan of dental fillings. Our fillings are customized and will match the edges and contours of your teeth, so any discomfort is out of the question.